Takeaway: Depression can leave you feeling stuck, as though things will never change or get better. However, it is possible to heal. Our holistic approach to treatment takes every part of you into consideration to help you find deep, lasting relief. Connect with one of our depression therapists today to get started.
Have you ever had days or weeks in a row where getting out of bed seems impossible in your daily life? Do you often feel like you’re in a fog, hopeless, have recurring self-criticism or negative emotions, disconnected from your own life, or often numb? Depression can leave your world devoid of color, leaving only shades of grey. Depression can feel heavy, relentless, and inescapable. If this sounds like you, you’re not alone. Depression affects millions of adults and teens worldwide, but there is treatment available – you don’t have to suffer alone.
In this article, we will introduce you to the therapists at Cura Integrative Health who treat depression, why you should choose Cura Integrative Health if you are looking to heal from depression, and some important things to be aware of when beginning therapy for depression.
Meet our top-rated depression therapists in Los Gatos
Taking the step to begin therapy to treat your symptoms of depression is a brave and vulnerable moment. In our experience, establishing trust between therapist and patient is one of the most important factors of a supportive environment that leads to successful outcomes in therapy. We honor and respect the decision to begin therapy, so we’d like to introduce you to our team of experienced and qualified therapists at Cura Integrative Health so that you can feel more comfortable in taking the leap to reach out for support.
Jenna Sholl, Co-Founder & Clinical Director
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #83531
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist committed to helping people recover from developmental and relationship trauma. After over a decade of experience in the field of psychotherapy and trauma recovery, I am honored to gain the trust of my patients while I guide them through research backed treatments. I currently provide both in-person and online therapy. Click here to read my full bio and find out more about me.
Rachel Carson, Co-Founder & Director of Operations
Licensed Marriage Family and Therapist, #131125
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist focused on helping my patients find true, lasting healing from the impacts of trauma and painful experiences. It is a privilege to sit with my patients in both the wounds of the past and the potential for the future. I have received extensive training in the field of trauma recovery and after my years in the chair, I firmly believe that with the right conditions, anyone can experience healing. I currently provide both in-person and online therapy. Click here to read my full bio and find out more about me.
Janae Stewart, Clinician
Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, #134618
Supervised by Jenna Sholl, LMFT #83531
I am an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and my mission is to help clients find healing through compassion and empathy in an environment where they can be themselves. I’ve worked in eating disorder treatment, sexual assault and domestic violence, and trauma recovery. I am passionate about helping people find liberation and healing in body, mind and spirit. I am also a 200-hr registered yoga teacher. I currently provide both in-person and online therapy. Click here to read my full bio and find out more about me.
Alysse Caraballo, Clinician & Care Coordinator
Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #120247
Supervised by Jenna Sholl, LMFT #83531
I am a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and my goal is to help clients navigate the ebbs and flows of everyday life. I have experience working with trauma, anxiety and depression and neurodivergent populations. I value the importance of looking at the person holistically and tailoring the therapy to meet each client’s individual needs in order to fulfill their potential and maximize their well-being. I currently provide both in-person and online therapy. Click here to read my full bio and find out more about me.
Why choose Cura Integrative Health for depression therapy in Santa Clara
Choosing a practice and therapist to be with you on your healing journey isn’t an easy one. It can be overwhelming to know where to begin and confusing to know how to choose. We’d like to help you get to know our values and therapy practices better so you can determine if you think working with one of our experienced clinicians would be a good fit for you when it comes to treatment of depression.
- Expertise. All of the clinicians on our staff have training and experience that focuses on treating depression. Any of out clinicians have the knowledge, awareness, and strategies to help you manage and recover from depression and live the best life for you. We also help provide medication management in conjunction with your prescribing provider.
- Personalized Treatment. At Cura Integrative Health, we value providing a customized approach and treatment plan. We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all therapy agenda. Each of our clinicians is trained to carefully and mindfully get to know you and provide tailor-made treatment while incorporating your feedback along the way.
- Symptom Management and Root Causes. Our treatment approach includes both managing and reducing unwanted symptoms of depression, while also addressing the emotional root causes of depression. We believe you need both approaches for complete mind, body, and soul healing.
- Integrative Treatment. We provide Biofeedback and Neurofeedback in addition to therapy. In our experience, having the ability to treat depression and other mental health concerns from an integrative approach, all under one roof, is an effective treatment option for some people. A custom care plan would be created for you based on your treatment goals.
When Cura Integrative Health might not be the best fit for you
We understand that not everyone seeking support for depression or other mental health concerns may be a good fit for our practice and team of clinicians. Here are some reasons why Cura Integrative Health may not be the best for you right now:
- Free Therapy. While we do reserve some sliding scale spots within our practice, we currently don’t offer free therapy. If this is what you are looking for, we’d be happy to provide you with some referral options that might meet your needs.
- In-Patient Treatment Needs. We don’t offer any in-patient treatment, but can provide referrals upon request if you have a specific mental health concern that would require in-patient treatment.
- Insurance Requirements. All of our clinicians are out of network providers which means that they don’t bill insurance providers directly. We do offer superbills, which are end of the month forms you provide to your insurance for potential reimbursement based on your plan and coverage. If you are looking to go through insurance directly, we can provide referrals and guidance upon request.
- Crisis Care. We are not a crisis facility and don’t offer immediate crisis treatment. If you are experiencing a medical or psychiatric emergency and require immediate support, please call 911 or if you need to speak to a counselor immediately, call 1-855-278-4204 (Behavioral Health Services crisis hotline for Santa Clara County).
FAQs about working with a therapist for depression
Is it worth going to therapy for depression?
While we recognize and appreciate the unique experience of everyone’s therapeutic journey, in our experience there are some common benefits of taking the leap to try therapy for depression.
By taking this step, we have seen many of our patients gain an increased sense of self-awareness, feel confident in new coping strategies, and gain an understanding of and compassion for the root causes of their depression. Participating in therapy for depression can help prevent relapse, reduce unwanted physical symptoms, improve and deepen your relationships, and help you be more in control of managing the stress in your life.
If you have questions about any of the potential benefits of therapy for depression, we encourage you to reach out and find out more.
Which type of therapy tends to be best for treating depression?
We utilize an integrative approach to helping treat the symptoms and root causes of depression. Though every patient and journey is different, we commonly use Psychodynamic Therapy, Attachment-Based Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, as well as Neurofeedback and Biofeedback to complement traditional talk therapy approaches. We also often incorporate mindfulness-based strategies and overall stress management strategies into the treatment process.
What helps people cope with depression?
In our experience of helping to treat depression in our patients, we have found a number of effective strategies and approaches that help contribute to successful outcomes.
In addition to weekly therapy, we have found (and the research supports this!) that moving your body regularly is helpful for mood and stress management. Even a short walk or gentle yoga for 10 minutes has been shown to be beneficial. Practicing moments of mindfulness is also an approach that helps people become more aware of their internal experiences and can promote relaxation and manage symptoms of stress. Increased awareness of alcohol and other substance use and how it impacts your mood is sometimes an important aspect of managing and treating your depression. Substances can negatively affect your mood and overall well-being and contribute to symptoms of depression.
Coping skills are helpful and sometimes essential, but it’s no replacement for professional therapy. At Cura Integrative Health, our therapists work towards providing evidence-based, coping skill recommendations that fit your own life through our customized care plan and treatment approach.
Working with a therapist for depression can help you find balance.
Depression can leave most people feeling like they’re always walking through thick mud, sometimes even leaving you fully stuck in the mud. We believe healing and relief is possible. Our team of clinicians provide an integrative approach to treatment for depression so that you can reduce unpleasant symptoms, have increased awareness of your experiences and the causes of your depression, and provide you with a path forward towards living a fuller life.
If any of this resonates with you or if you’re simply curious, we encourage you to reach out to our Care Coordinator, Alysse Caraballo, who will provide you with further information or schedule a brief, complementary 15-minute consultation call. We’re here when you’re ready.